Amit Shah Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Affairs, Biography
|Real Name||Amitbhai Anilchandra Shah|
|Party||President of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP, 2014)|
|Political Journey||In 1983, he became the eader of RSS’s student wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
In 1987, he became an activist of BJP’s youth wing Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM).
In 1991, he campaigned for Lal Krishna Advani in Gandhinagar during Lok Sabha elections.
In 2009, he was assigned the position of vice-president of the cash-rich Gujarat Cricket Association (GCA).
In 2014, he became the president of BJP and his strategy was credited for Narendra Modi’s huge victory in General Elections.
|Biggest Rival||Rahul Gandhi (Congress), Lalu Prasad Yadav (RJD)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 81 kg
in Pounds- 179 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 34 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
|Date of Birth||22 October 1964|
|Age (as in 2017)||53 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Mehsana, Gujarat, India|
|College||C.U Shah Science College, Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. in Biochemistry|
|Debut||Became the leader of the student wing of the RSS, i.e. Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (1983)|
|Family||Father– Anilchandra Shah
Mother– Not Known
Brothers– Not Known
Sisters– Not Known
|Hobbies||Reading, watching cricket and social service|
|Controversies||• In 2010, he was arrested for number of charges like murder and extortion, which dented his chances to become the CM of Gujarat after Narendra Modi. He was also banned to visit Gujarat. But, in 2012 he was allowed to enter Gujarat by the Supreme Court.
• He was accused of “Fake Encounter Case” and was accused of having role in killings of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, his wife Kauser Bi and his accomplice Tulsiram Prajapati. CBI said that 2 Rajasthani businessmen paid him to get rid of Sohrabuddin who was harassing them.
• He was accused of damaging the evidences and influencing witnesses in the 2002 Gujarat Riots and spying on a woman in connection with the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case.
|Favourite Politician||Narendra Modi|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Facts About Amit Shah
- Does Amit Shah smoke?: No
- Does Amit Shah drink alcohol?: No
- He became MLA from Sarkhej in 4 consecutive elections: 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2007.
- He worked as a stockbroker and also in co-operative banks in Ahmedabad.
- For the very first time, he met Narendra Modi in 1982 in the Ahmedabad RSS circles.
- Under Narendra Modi’s 2002’s government in Gujarat, he was given charge of several major sections including Home, Parliamentary Affairs, and Law and Justice.
- He was the president of the Ahmedabad District Cooperative Bank (ADCB) in 2000.
- He loves chess and was the president of the Gujarat Chess Association.
- In 1986, he joined BJP, one year before Modi joined the party.
- He managed election campaigns for Narendra Modi in 2014, Lal Krishna Advani in 1991 and Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 1996.
- His son Jay, is an engineer from Nirma University, and is the joint secretary of the Gujarat Chess Association.