Barack Obama Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Biography
|Real Name||Barack Hussein Obama|
|Nickname||Barry, No Drama Obama, Bam|
|Party||National Democratic Party|
|Political Journey||• In 1996, he was elected to Illinois Senate.
• In 1998, he was re-elected to Illinois Senate.
• In 2000, he lost the Democratic Primary race in the United States House of Representatives to Bobby Rush by a margin of 2 to 1.
• In 2002, he was re-elected again to Illinois Senate.
• Became the Chairman of Illinois Senate’s Health and Human Services Committee in January 2003.
• Won Primary election in March 2004 with a landslide victory.
• From 2005 to 2008, served as U.S. Senator from Illinois.
• Announced his candidacy for US President on February 10, 2007.
• On November 4, 2008, he won the presidency with 365 votes to 173 received by McCain and became the 1st African American President of the United States.
• He announced his re-election campaign for the U.S. Presidency on April 4, 2011.
• He won the presidency for the 2nd time on November 6, 2012 by winning 332 electoral votes.
|Biggest Rival||Donald Trump|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 185 cm
in meters- 1.85 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 1”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 81 kg
in Pounds- 180 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4 August 1961|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 Years|
|Birth Place||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.|
|School||Santo Fransiskus Asisi (St. Francis of Assisi) Catholic School, Jakarta, Indonesia
Besuki Public School, Jakarta, Indonesia
Punahou School, Honolulu, USA
|College||University of Hawaii
Columbia College, Columbia University, New York City
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
|Educational Qualifications||Degree in Political Science|
|Family||Father– Barack Obama Sr. (Economist)
Mother– Ann Dunham
Brothers– Malik Abongo Obama (Half-brother),
Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo (younger half-brother),
George Obama (half-brother), David Ndesandjo (half-brother)
Sisters– Auma Obama (older half-sister),
Maya Soetoro-Ng (younger half-sister)
|Address||5046 S Greenwood Avenue.
Chicago, IL 60615.
|Hobbies||Playing Basketball, watching television, playing scrabble and poker|
|Controversies||• A controversy was arose in 2009 when Obama said that riches should pay more taxes.
• When an US ambassador and three other Americans were killed in Benghazi, Libya, Obama called it an “Act of Terror” and later called it an “Act of Terrorism” upon which he earned a lot of criticisms by the opposition and the media.
• When Obama said that Health Care Reform Law known as “Obamacare” would not be applied to illegal immigrants, it became a piece of controversy.
• Obama has been criticized for his policies in the Middle East, particularly Iraq and Syria.
• In 2009, when he was awarded with Nobel Peace Prize, for most of the people it was like “bolt of the blue”.
• The claim that Obama was not born in the USA, resulted in a major controversy from 2008.
• Obama was criticized for his support to the Government Surveillance for violating the privacy rights of American citizens.
|Favorite Politician||Martin Luther King Jr., Mohandas Gandhi|
|Favorite Quote||Yes We Can|
|Favorite Food||Broccoli, burger, hot dogs|
|Favorite Film||Casablanca, Lawrence of Arabia, Boyhood|
|Favorite Book||Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison, Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Michelle Obama (married 1992)|
|Children||Daughter– Malia Ann Obama (Born: July 4, 1998), Natasha Obama (Born: June 10, 2001)
|Net Worth||12.2 million USD|
Facts About Barack Obama
- Does Barack Obama smoke?: No (Quit smoking in 2010)
- Does Barack Obama drink alcohol?: Yes
- Obama’s parents met in a Russian Language class in 1960, at the University of Hawai’i.
- Obama’s father died in a road accident when he was just 21 years old.
- In his teenagers, Obama became a member of a group made by his friends called “Choom Gang” and occasionally smoked marijuana.
- Obama made his first public speech at the Occidental College, Los Angeles in 1979.
- He traveled first time to Europe in mid-1988.
- In 1995, Obama published a memoir “Dreams from My Father”.
- For twelve years, he taught at the University of Chicago Law School from 1996 to 2004.
- He was on of the early opponents of the George W. Bush administration’s 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- Kenya has named a beer dedicating to Obama – “Senator Keg”.
- He is pretty good at making chili and stir-fry.
- Obama loves collecting comics. Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian are among his favorite ones.
- Once Obama was a chain-smoker but he quit smoking in 2010 for his children.
- Obama owns a pair of boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali.
- He won Grammy Awards twice for Best Spoken Word Album: first, in 2006, for “Dreams from My Father” and second, in 2008, for “The Audacity of Hope”.
- If he had not have been in politics then he would have been an architect.