Randeep Hooda Height, Weight, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Biography
|Real Name||Randeep Singh Hooda|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||– Chest: 42 Inches
– Waist: 33 Inches
– Biceps: 14 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 August 1976|
|Age (as in 2016)||40 Years|
|Birth Place||Rohtak, Haryana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Rohtak, Haryana, India|
|School||Motilal Nehru School of Sports (MNSS) in Rai, Sonepat , Haryana (A boarding school)
Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
|College||A college in Melbourne, Australia|
|Educational Qualification||MBA in Human Resource Management and Marketing|
|Debut||Film: Monsoon Wedding (2001, Hollywood)
D (2005, Bollywood)
|Family||Father– Ranbir Hooda (Doctor, Professor)
Mother– Asha Hooda (Social Worker, Politician)
Brother– Sandeep Hooda (Younger, Software Engineer)
Sister– Anjali Hooda Sangwan (Elder, Nutritionist)
|Address||A 3 BHK flat in Rohtak, Haryana
Versova Sea Side CHS, J P Road, Jeet Nagar, Versova, Andheri (West), Mumbai
|Hobbies||Playing polo & show jumping, listening to instrumental music, travelling, workout|
|Controversies||• His ‘gay’ kissing scenes with Saqib Saleem in Bombay Talkies (2013), and with Sikander in the film John Day (2013).
• In early 2017, the Delhi University student, Gurmehar Kaur, posted a photo of herself on Twitter and Facebook, holding a placard with some controversial messages. When cricketer, Virendra Sehwag, gave her a witty reply on Twitter, Hooda supported the cricketer by posting a ‘clapping’ emoji. However, Hooda faced criticism for his support by some.
• In 2016, during the premiere of his film ‘Sarbjit’, when a reporter asked him whether he had overshadowed Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the film, he got angry and told the reporter to ‘Shut up!.’
|Favourite Food||Aloo ki sabzi, Choorma, Egg Burrito, French fries, Spanish omelette sandwich, Egg salad with tomato and avocado|
|Favourite Actors||Daniel Day Lewis, Marlon Brando, Akshay Kumar|
|Favourite Actress||Cate Blanchet|
|Favourite Films||Ghulami, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster|
|Favourite Directors||Ram Gopal Varma, Prawaal Raman|
|Favourite Musicians||Charles Mingus, Thelonious Monk|
|Favourite Fashion Brand||Ralph Lauren|
|Favourite Destinations||New York, Australia, China, Himachal Pradesh, Pune|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sushmita Sen (Actress)
Neetu Chandra (Actress)
Lin Laishram (Actress, Rumour)
|Cars Collection||Toyota Crown Magesta 8-cylinder car, Mahendra Commando (customized)|
|Salary||3-4 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Facts About Randeep Hooda
- Does Randeep Hooda smoke?: Yes
- Does Randeep Hooda drink alcohol?: Yes
- Randeep Hooda had a lonely childhood as his parents stayed away from him, in the Middle East, whereas, he spent the majority of his childhood with his maternal grandmother in a strict environment.
- He grew up in Haryana and Delhi, where he used to feel “suffocated” by the typical Indian lifestyle. Therefore, he shifted to Melbourne, Australia, to get some exposure.
- His parents wanted him to become a doctor.
- While studying in Australia, he did various part-time jobs such as a waiter, a car washer, a delivery boy, and a cab driver.
- He failed the first year of his college in Australia.
- He was a victim of constant bullying in his school hostel, but with his stint in Australia, he developed a huge amount of confidence, which helped him grow as a person and as an actor.
- After his return to India from Australia, he took up a marketing job in Delhi, but in a short while, he realised that he won’t be able to do that kind of a job. He later moved to Mumbai in pursuit of becoming an actor.
- Initially, his parents were reluctant about his decision to join the film industry.
- In his early days in Mumbai, he did a few modelling assignments and soon after his first acting opportunity came up with Mira Nair’s ‘Monsoon Wedding’ (2001).
- After doing ‘Monsoon Wedding’, he started getting many offers, but he refused them all as Ram Gopal Varma had promised to launch him with a lead role in his Bollywood flick ‘Ek.’ Varma told him not to work in any other film, and for that, he used to pay Hooda INR 35,000/month for 3 years, but unfortunately, the film shelved. Though, Varma eventually made the film ‘D’ with him in 2005.
- During his vacant 3 years due to commitment with Ram Gopal Varma, he joined Naseeruddin Shah‘s theatre troupe, ‘Motley.’ During this period, he developed the love for horses and interest in horse-riding after he saw Naseeruddin Shah wearing his riding boots.
- Things got changed for him with his small yet impactful role of a cop in Ajay Devgan and Emraan Hashmi starrer ‘Once Upon a Time in Mumbai’ (2010), which provided him the kind of push he required to get noticed by the top banners.
- For his physically and mentally demanding role in Imtiaz Ali‘s ‘Highway’ (2014), he went through rigorous training as he learned ‘Gujari’ language (Brij Bhasha – Vrindavan), stood in sun for hours, avoided bathe for days and stopped using moisturiser to get the rugged & rustic look, drove the truck, etc.
- He has been an animal lover since he was a kid. He used to get street dogs to his house and even used to spend the majority of his time at the barn.
- He played saxophone for around 3 years, but then stopped as it started hampering his voice.
- He is the owner of ‘Royal Roosters’ Polo Team which was established in 2014.
- If not an actor, he would have been a horse trainer.
- For his breathtaking role in the biopic ‘Sarbjit’ (2016) as Sarabjit Singh, the Indian who was detained in Pakistan for 23 years, he went through a shocking transformation as he lost 18 kg in a span of just 28 days.
- In 2016, he was appointed as the first ever brand ambassador for Mumbai Fire Brigade.
- He doesn’t like women with ‘zero-size’ figure.