Zaira Wasim Height, Weight, Age, Family, Biography
|Real Name||Zaira Wasim|
|Famous Role||Geeta Phogat in Dangal (2016)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 155 cm
in meters- 1.55 m
in Feet Inches- 5′ 1″
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 50 Kg
in Pounds- 110 lbs
|Date of Birth||23 October 2000|
|Age (as in 2018)||19 Years|
|Birth Place||Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Hawal, Downtown, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|School||St. Paul’s International Academy, Sonwar, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India
Jammu’s Heritage School, Jammu and Kashmir, India
|Educational Qualifications||Currently studying in class XIth|
|Debut||Film Debut: Dangal (2016)|
|Family||Father– Zahid Wasim (Executive manager of Jammu and Kashmir Bank)
Mother– Zarqa Wasim (a Teacher)
Brother– Zoraiz Wasim
|Hobbies||Breaking things, Listening songs, Sleeping, Reading, Hanging out with friends, Playing with her pet cat|
|Favourite Song||Jealous by Labrinth|
|Favourite Singer||Ed Sheeran|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Facts About Zaira Wasim
- She competed among thousands of girls for the role of “Geeta Phogat”, daughter of “Mahavir Singh Phogat” (Aamir Khan) in the film Dangal.
- She had social anxiety and self-esteem issues before she started her acting career.
- She did a vigorous training for playing the role of a wrestler.
- Zaira, along with Fatima Sana Sheikh, Sanya Malhotra, Suhani Bhatnagar stayed at Aamir Khan’s old apartment in Mumbai for 6 months while they were preparing for the film.
- In 2015, she appeared in Microsoft Lumia & Tata Sky advertisements.
- She currently studies at 10th standard.
- Her parents were against her decision to act in the film but Zaira’s school principal convinced them for letting Zaira work in the film.
- She is of half Kashmiri and half Punjabi descent.
- She can play guitar very well.
- She is a cat lover.
- She said in an interview that she is very shy in nature and has a limited number of friends. She loves doing destructive things, breaking things and has some weird likings like turbulent flights, wind turbines & earthquakes.
- In November 2017, she won The National Child Awards for Exceptional Achievement for her extraordinary abilities in fields such as academics, culture, arts, sports, music etc. in the age group of 5-18 years.